John Harris and Bert Harris in front of the 1911 centennial log cabin on the Square.
In 1925, fourteen years after Brecksville celebrated its centennial; C.O. Bartlett and several other early family descendants formed the Brecksville Early Settlers Descendants' Association to bring them together, keep alive the memories of the early years, and to socialize within the community. Around 1944 the organization was incorporated as the Brecksville Early Settlers Association with an additional purpose of preserving and displaying the history of the pioneers. Eventually the organization changed its name to Brecksville Historical Association. The original purposes of the organization have remained the same but have also increased in scope such as maintaining and operating the Squire Rich Museum as an affiliate of the Cleveland Metroparks as well as maintaining several rooms at Blossom Center where records are stored, research is conducted and artifacts and photographs are archived.